Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Light for Kenya

We Quakers (or at least the branch of the tree that I grew on) use the expression "Holding in the Light". This is a loving witness, to hold someone, or a piece of this troubled planet, up into the Inner Light of the Spirit within us all.

In this process, I have learned not to "pray" - not to "petition" - but simply to witness, sending loving energy.

I have, in the course of my life and witnessing, fallen into difficulties and asked my Friends and Meeting to Hold me in the Light.

I can testify that I was, indeed, "lightened"- that I was strengthened, Lightened, soothed - by the conscious, calm, centered and loving attention of Friends.

Kenya has the largest concentration of Quakers in the world.

Please take a moment to read the following reports that have been written by people on the ground in Kenya.

I ask that you take a moment to Hold all of this nation in the Light.


For some on the ground reports from Kenya:

from the Quakers- here

from a British mother living there: here

Another woman's perspective: here

A gentle missionary: here

No comments: